Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Book Reviews for First Semester

This nine weeks, I have been re-reading some old books and exploring some new Science Fiction books. So far I have read Twilight and New Moon by Stephine Meyer, Fade and Wake by Lisa McMann, and Marked by P.C. Cast.




  • With the upcoming release of the movie New Moon, I decided to re-read Twilight and New Moon. The first time I read these books I sped through them just to find out the ending of the series. This time I took the time to pay attention to the words and relations in the story. I really like how obvious everything is to the public but no one notices. I also really like how easy it is to relate to most of the characters in the story. The only thing I do not like about these books is how long it takes for events to happen.

  • Fade and Wake caught my attention by the interesting covers. I like how these books take something that is fiction but what if someone could really see other people's dreams? Also there are so many different events going on at the same time. Plus, its a great yet twisted love story.
  • Once I read the Twilight series, I began to actually like vampire books, whereas I didn't before. So I started the House of Night series and began with Marked. I wasn't sure of how I would like this book because it had a very odd beginning and to be honest, I'm not sure still if I like the book or not. I like it because of the great "real life" feel there is to the story but I'm not a big fan of witchcraft which is a major part of this story.

No comments: